AUTOMOTIVE SALES CONSULTANT
Company: LaFontaine Volkswagen of Dearborn
Posted on: January 26, 2023
AUTOMOTIVE SALES CONSULTANTAre you interested in joining a
growing business that is committed to family, promotes employees
from within, is passionate about protecting the environment, has an
inspiring company culture, and is actively involved with the
community and local charities? If so, this opportunity might be for
you!THE POSITION: Sales Representatives are responsible to sell
automobiles by understanding and demonstrating characteristics,
capabilities, and features; developing and qualifying buyers and
closing sales.THE PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Discounts on Sales and Service
- Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid
Life/AD&D, Employee Assistance Program)
- Voluntary Benefits (Flexing Spending Account, Life/AD&D,
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident
Insurance, Legal & Identity Theft Protection)
- 401(k) and Employer Match
- Holiday Savings Program with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday PaySkills & Qualifications:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
procedure manuals. -
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, or schedule form.Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report
(MVR) are required.Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greets customer on sales floor and determines make, type, and
quality of vehicle desired.
- Explains features and demonstrates operation of vehicle in
showroom or on road.
- Suggests optional equipment for customer to purchase.
- Research availability of models and optional equipment.
- Consults with Sales Manager when necessary; never allowing a
customer to leave without first consulting with a sales
- Works with the Sales Manager to compute and quote sales price,
including tax, trade-in allowance, license fee, and discount, and
requirements for financing payment of vehicle on credit.
- Prepares all related paperwork and applications (e.g., sales
slip, credit application, etc.).
- Delivers new vehicle to customer. This process ensures that the
customer understands the vehicle's operating features, warranty,
and paperwork, and it lays the foundation for customer
- Maintains a prospect development system.
- Remains knowledgeable of new products, features, accessories,
- Attends sales meetings and training sessions (at various
locations) as scheduled.
- Adheres to Company policies and procedures.
- Meets, or exceeds, written forecast and projected sales
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly required to stand, talk, and hear.
- Frequently is required to walk and sit.
- Is potentially exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.THE
COMPANY: Founded in 1980 by Michael Sr. and Maureen LaFontaine, the
award-winning and nationally-recognized LaFontaine Automotive Group
includes 52 retail franchises, 9 collision centers and 30 Michigan
retail locations. The group employs nearly 2,200 individuals. It's
the mission of the LaFontaine Family to personalize the automotive
experience by building lifelong relationships that connect families
and strengthen communities. - The LaFontaine commitment to
customers, staff, and local communities is demonstrated by active
participation and contributions to numerous non-profit
organizations, educational institutions, and charities throughout
Michigan. The combination of both the mission and core values
provides the basic foundation of our promise --- to treat every
customer like they are members of our family. From sales to service
to parts, LaFontaine Automotive Group is able to meet any
customer's specific needs. LaFontaine represents the following
brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Fiat,
Genesis, Honda, Hyundai, Jeep, KIA, Lincoln, Mazda, RAM, Polestar,
Subaru, Toyota, Volvo, and Volkswagen. Our Mission: -To Build
Lifelong Relationships that Connect Families, Strengthen
Communities, and Personalize the Automotive Experience. -Our Core
Values: Accountability, Responsibility, Respect, Communication,
Teamwork, PassionLaFontaine Automotive Group is an equal
Keywords: LaFontaine Volkswagen of Dearborn, Dearborn , AUTOMOTIVE SALES CONSULTANT, Sales , Dearborn, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!