Operations Supervisor - Transportation Management
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Responsible for all operational activity including order entry,
load planning, and load monitoring. Supervises salary associates,
and is responsible for performance management. Actively involved in
the hiring process as well as customer interactions.
• Lead team of salaried employees (includes: performance review,
corrective action, and goal setting)
• Provide detailed instruction to various personnel via email and
• Act as first level escalation for customer inquires
• Assist in new customer implementations
• Prioritize time sensitive situations
• Work with team in scheduling deliveries to receivers and
providing excellent customer service
• Ensuring customer's KPI's are hit on a daily and weekly basis
• Track shipments to ensure on time delivery is met
• Handle rate negotiations with carriers on a spot rate basis
• Analyze process data and work on continuous improvements
• Identifying cost savings opportunities for the customer
• Ensuring all business needs are covered including when there are
vacations, illness, etc.
• Other projects as assigned by the manager
• 2 - 5 years of experience in the logistics / supply chain
• Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
• Previous experience in a supervisory role
• JDA Transportation Management System experience preferred
• Must have strong attention to detail and effective communications
• Strong customer focus
• Must be skilled in Problem Solving / Process Improvement.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize time sensitive
• Advanced desktop computer skills including Microsoft Excel and
• Must be able to learn and regularly operate various computer
systems across different platforms
• Ability to lead and develop team of salaried associates
• Ability to develop and maintain professional working
relationships with customers as well as Penske personnel
• Team player with flexibility in working different shifts
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Headquartered in Reading, Pa., Penske Logistics is a wholly owned
subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North
America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides
supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies
throughout the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through
design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing, and
international freight forwarding and carrier management. Visit
www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Dearborn , Operations Supervisor - Transportation Management, Professions , Dearborn, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!