Load Planner (Supply Chain/Logistics)
Posted on: January 13, 2021
Penske Logistics is looking for a Load Planner to become part of an
excellent team. This is a great opportunity for an individual who
is self-motivated, has strong analytical and computer skills,
strong attention to detail and is enthusiastic to work in a
customer-centric environment. This position coordinates all
processes and functions of load planning and freight movement.
- Process customer orders, plan & optimize shipments into loads,
tender freight to third-party carriers
- Update Transportation Management System with current shipment
- Provide detailed instruction to various customers & associates
from other shifts by phone and e-mail
- Provide visibility to management and the customer by tracking,
process over-sight, auditing, researching and troubleshooting
operational issues or functions.
- Complete daily logs and trackers
- Handle rate negotiations with carriers on a spot rate basis
- Identify cost savings opportunities for the customer
- Coordinates with carriers to ensure on-time delivery by tracking
trucks for pick-up, estimating times of arrival and delivery, and
recovering loads when necessary
- Provides load exception investigation and reporting
- Weighs alternative financial decisions before taking action
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management
- Two (2) plus years of experience in Transportation/Supply Chain
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize time sensitive
situations in a fast paced environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Advanced desktop computer skills including Microsoft Excel and
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working
relationships with customers as well as Penske associates
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to learn and regularly operate various computer
systems across different platforms
- Ability to work First, Second and Third Shift as needed.
Flexibility with scheduling required.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, criminal history, and drug screening)
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit
www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Dearborn , Load Planner (Supply Chain/Logistics), Professions , Dearborn, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!