Recruiting Supervisor (PTL North Central Region)
Posted on: January 11, 2021
The Recruiting Supervisor position will lead a small decentralized
team of recruiters and recruiting assistants in an assigned
geography by providing guidance and expertise around PTL staffing
process and technologies.
From a people perspective, this role will have direct coaching and
supervision responsibilities over the recruiting team, including
the delegation of work, prioritization, and new initiatives. In
order to ensure strong internal customer satisfaction, strong
communication and collaboration are necessary to ensure alignment
between human resources and operations. This position will have
regular interaction with Area Vice Presidents, Area HR Managers,
and Field HR Directors to assure internals customer needs and
organizational staffing needs are met successfully.
Qualified candidates for this role will have at least 3 years of
recruiting experience in a large, high-volume, multi-site employer.
Preferred candidates will have 2 years of experience in managing
direct reports, recruiting operations, and project management. The
ability to actively listen and influence direct reports, peers, and
leaders is essential to success in this role.
This position will support the PTL North Central Region and will be
based out of Dearborn, MI or Beachwood, OH
- Manage daily interaction with all recruiters including:
distribution of requisitions, balancing of recruiter workload,
assisting with prioritization and productivity, assist with issue
resolution and promote behaviors that enhance customer
- Ensures strong collaboration between operations (AVP, Area and
District Staffs) and Human Resources (HRD, HRM, Recruiters, and
Recruiting Assistants on staffing strategies, prioritization, and
initiatives. This includes ensuring each area has defined staffing
strategies and regular communication to ensure alignment.
- Serve as a Penske staffing process and Taleo recruiting
technology subject matter expert, including: having a full
understanding of common functionality of applicants, hiring
managers, and recruiters.
- Coach and develop direct reports including Recruiters and
Recruiting Assistants. Assure recruiters are consistent in their
approach to following the recruiting process at Penske, verified
through audits, assessments, and customer feedback.
- Assume ownership and oversight of any external critical role and
operational staff recruiting. This will involve heavy collaboration
with Recruiters and HR Managers and Representatives, as well as
upward reporting to HRD on progress.
- Oversee all necessary team management activities including
associate relations, expense report management, training and
company program compliance, and overall direct report
- Special Assignments and tasks as assigned by the Staffing Manager
and/or HR Director such as serving on process improvement teams,
coordinating small scope short-term projects, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- 3 years recruiting experience in a large, decentralized,
multi-site organization required
- 2 years management of direct reports preferred
- 2 years project management experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Internet candidate data mining; preferably
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applicant tracking systems
- Knowledge of employment law and hiring practices
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strong candidate pipelines
- Ability to work well independently and complete tasks with
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and documentation
- Willingness to travel, up to 50% to assigned locations by car,
plane, or train overnight as required or as directed by
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global
transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet
of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North
America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's
product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract
maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck
sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain
Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Dearborn , Recruiting Supervisor (PTL North Central Region), Professions , Dearborn, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!