Company: AK Steel
Posted on: September 17, 2020
AK Steel has an electrician opening at our Dearborn Works
location. The electrician is responsible for maintaining all
electrical equipment to ensure its functionality in order to
support the fast paced day to day steel production operations.
- Installs, repairs, tests, troubleshoots and maintains
electrical equipment and fixtures
- Determines method and sequence of proposed installation of
electrical fixtures and equipment such as AC/DC motors, control
panels, PLC's, switches and transformers by referring to
blueprints, schematic drawings, specifications or verbal
- Assembles and installs switch boxes, conduit lines, wiring
systems, panels and related equipment
- Analyzes failures of electrical equipment, using ammeter,
voltmeter, ohmmeter, drawings and visual inspection
- Occasionally cuts or bores through walls, ceilings or
partitions, using saws and chisels
- Performs repairs on electronically controlled equipment such as
gauges and speed devices
- Performs preventative and reliability centered maintenance
- High School Diploma or equivalent and valid driver's license is
- A valid Journey person's card OR a letter from previous
employer(s) documenting eight years of industrial experience
Due to the nature of our 24/7, 365 days a year operation,
candidates are required to be willing to work any shift, any day of
the week including nights, weekends, and holidays.
This position pays $30.50 an hour with a possible incentive of up
to $3.50 an hour.
Specific Requirements: Qualified candidates are expected
successfully pass the following pre-employment requirements:
Aptitude test, interviews, urine analysis and hair sample drug
screen, and a post offer physical. The drug detection period for
hair sample covers a period of 90-120 days.
Applicants for this position must be currently legally authorized
to work in the United States on a full-time basis. AK Steel will
not sponsor applicants for this position for work visas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected
veteran status. The following links provide information regarding
your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is
the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace
and conduct pre-employment testing as a condition of
Keywords: AK Steel, Dearborn , Electrician, Professions , Dearborn, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!