Company: Gast Manufacturing
Posted on: November 19, 2023
If you're looking for a special place to build or grow your
career, you've found it. Whether you're an experienced
professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between,
IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn
new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales,
supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40
diverse businesses around the globe, chances are, we have something
special for you.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Design and/or modify parts and assemblies on new
and existing product. Maintain and process CAD and engineering
documentation changes and updates. Provide design support to Gast
engineering as well as customers and suppliers when needed.
- Designs and/or modifies parts and assemblies primarily using
SOLIDWORKS 3D drawing tools to meet the customer's
- Prepares information including tolerance stack-ups, design
calculations, detail sheets, modified prints and engineering
standards per engineer's requests. Supports print /design reviews.
Utilize Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) to support design and
engineering print creation.
- Utilize oral and written communication skills to manage various
projects at once.
- Maintains, coordinates and processes routine engineering change
documentation and perform other miscellaneous duties as
- Design/engineering experience and knowledge in industrial
manufacturing. (machining, casting, molding experience ideal)
Product development experience a plus.
- Mechanical aptitude in concert with a command of oral and
written communication. Able to effectively articulate complex
geometries and design ideas to people of varying technical
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to effectively
prioritize as required.
- Experienced and proficient with SolidWorks. Ability to use
Co-create, IDEAS and/or AutoCAD a bonus. Experience and exposure to
- Must be able to physically demonstrate and verbally articulate
proper modeling techniques and design intent.
- Ability to read prints as well as interpret and apply
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Pursuing Degree in Design or a technically related field
- Demonstrated ability to operate 2D and 3D CAD system to design
- Demonstrated ability to apply proper detailing requirements to
- Fluency in SOLIDWORKS with strong component and assembly
- FEA, CFD, and additional simulation experience a plus
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB.
THE JOB DESCRIPTION SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A COMPLETE LISTING OF
ALL MISCELLANEOUS, INCIDENTAL OR OTHER DUTIES THAT MAY BE ASSIGNED
DURING NORMAL OPERATIONS.
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people,
our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing
trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action
Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic
information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected
category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws
Attention Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability
and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the
application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are
limited in the ability to access or use this online application
process and need an alternative method for applying, we will
determine an alternate way for you to apply. Please contact our
Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
with an accommodation. These contact tools may be used only by
individuals with a disability for accommodation requests. Do not
inquire as to the status of an application.
Keywords: Gast Manufacturing, Dearborn , Design Intern, Other , Dearborn, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!