Regulatory Compliance Specialist
Posted on: September 15, 2023
One of my best clients is seeking a Regulatory Compliance
Specialist. A retirement drove the opening.
A bit about the company:
- A stable 40-year privately-owned leader in the food production
industry. They have an optimistic CEO and new projects in the
- They have low turnover, and they hire you to retire you.
Ownership is present and engaged, so the decision process is quick
and not slowed by bureaucracy.
- They have a close-knit family culture where everyone will know
- Their family culture vibe shows as they share professional
courtesy to one's schedule when life events arise.
- There is room for this role to rise here. This Regulatory
Compliance Specialist position oversees the regulatory compliance
processes and supports teams both internally within EFC and
externally with our clients to support the overall business.
Ensures all established federal, state, and local government
regulations are satisfied, maintains finished product
specifications, and provides timely registration of raw materials
and finished products with relevant 3rd party certifying bodies.
Non-GMO, BE Statements, etc.
About the Regulatory Compliance Specialist Position:
- The Regulatory Compliance Specialist needs to create and manage
internal product specifications, nutritional's, and product
- Ensure all ingredients, formulas, and packaging materials fully
comply with current regulations.
- Manage and fulfill customer documentation requests (i.e.,
Allergen, non-GMO, COO, questionnaires).
- Internal audit of SQF system
- Manage supplier approval program and facilitate the onboarding
of new suppliers.
- Manage the specification management software system.
- Maintain products with 3rd party certifying bodies.
- Provide regulatory counsel for the product development
- Monitor the regulatory environment for changes to food
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws,
including FDA and CFIA.
- Assist with shelf-life studies.
- Assist with in-house taste panels.
- Support QA Management with audit preparations.
- Coordinate with suppliers and customers to clarify and resolve
- Document Control Coordinator
- Participate in mock recalls.
- Investigate customer complaints and generate SCARS.
Education/Experience of the Regulatory Compliance Specialist:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or
university in Food Science or related required.
- 5+ years of experience in product compliance in the food
- Regulatory Compliance Certification, HACCP, SQF certification
desirable, Working knowledge of Genesis Pro software or similar for
- 2+ years' experience related to Global Food Safety Initiative
(GFSI) schemes, SQF or BRC preferred.
- Familiar with State and Federal food processing regulations,
including HACCP, cGMPs, and FSMA.
- Working knowledge of food safety auditing.
- Additional knowledge and experience in QA and QC may be
considered a plus
- Versed in FDA, non-GMO, and Organic labeling.
- Bilingual desired but not required.
For additional information on this Regulatory Compliance Specialist
opportunity, please contact Eliza Marks directly and resumes may be
confidentially sent to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard
to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, military status, genetic information, or any other status
protected by applicable laws or regulations. GPAC (Growing People
and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in
placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the
United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive,
client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to
deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Keywords: gpac, Dearborn , Regulatory Compliance Specialist, Other , Dearborn, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!