Hardware In The Loop System Engineer
Posted on: May 25, 2023
The Hardware in the Loop (HIL) Engineer supports the product development and system integration processes by developing test procedures for automated execution, implementing tests using Hardware in the Loop equipment, documenting, and reviewing execution reports, reporting incidents, and tracking software updates to fix issues. The HIL Engineer develops expertise in software test design and has advanced knowledge in vehicle functional partitioning, electrical and communication architectures, embedded software processes, and the Global Product Development System. This role requires close collaboration with feature owners, engineering, and suppliers to develop a strong understanding of the vehicle functions and implement appropriate test design strategies for early identification of defects and to provide evidence of defect elimination.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or any equivalent Engineering
- 2+ Years of experience in software development life cycle -CMMI, Agile, Validation process experience
- 2+ Years of experience in validation support of dSPACE or NI HIL simulators
- 2+ Years of experience in dSPACE ControlDesk and AutomationDesk software.
- 2+ Years of experience in ADAS/DAT feature testing support
- 2+ years of Matlab/Simulink control models development experience
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or any equivalent Engineering
- Automotive Industry Experience
- Development and execution of functional test procedures within an Automotive testing organization
- Bench testing of distributed electrical systems (Electrical System Engineering) including bench functional integration, test execution, measuring and instrumentation, incident reporting and root cause analysis
- Electrical schematics for vehicle components and systems and electrical architectures of distributed systems
- Development and verification of embedded software using hardware in the loop equipment and software (E.g. dSpace, National Instruments)
- Implementing software configuration management
- Software development with compiled and interpreted languages including C++, Python, visual basic and Matlab and their corresponding integrated development environments (IDEs). E.g. MS Visual Studio, Simulink
- Embedded controller networks (CAN, LIN) and the use of ECU diagnostic and network communication tools to verify and troubleshoot distributed vehicle systems (e.g. CANoe, CANalyzer, )
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : May 04 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Keywords: Cognizant, Dearborn , Hardware In The Loop System Engineer, Other , Dearborn, Michigan
here to apply!