Emergency Tech Ld
Company: Beaumont Health
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Under supervision of the Emergency Center (EC) Nurse Manager and in collaboration with the Education Specialist, this provides designated training and orientation to the Emergency Technician staff. Collaborates in managing clinical staff/team assignments. Participates in clinical staff evaluation by providing input to performance feedback appraisals. Responsible for daily patient care assignments in the EC. Performs a key role in the supply management process and makes recommendations for departmental operating improvements. Participates in regular multidisciplinary team meetings. Performs at the operations level for emergency preparedness.
1. Collaborates with Education Specialist in the delivery of the orientation and other in-service/educational programming.
2. Functions as a clinical expert and provides ongoing professional support and feedback to EC technicians; maintains open and on-going communication with management.
3. Perform routine and more complex patient care procedures.
4. Communicates and keeps licensed and professional staff apprised of current patient status.
5. Documents accurate, complete and concise patient health information.
6. Inventories, organizes, orders and maintains appropriate equipment and laboratory supplies.
7. Serves as liaison with other departments, staff and external emergency personnel for problem resolution.
8. Functions as a team lead for emergency preparedness at the operations level.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
1. Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH). Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
2. Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests, and others.
3. Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health's customer service, service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and participates with all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organizations including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress code.
4. Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations information.
5. Supports and participates in a collaborative team oriented environment - cooperates and works together with all co-workers, plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
6. Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules - including universal precautions - reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
7. Completes all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organization.
8. Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification, as applicable, at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training:
---A level of knowledge normally acquired through a high school diploma or GED.
B. Work Experience:
---5 to 7 years progressively more responsible/technical experience as a clinical technician in an acute care hospital emergency environment.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
---Successful Health Care Provider course. Current BLS certification.
D. Other Qualifications:
---Requires a high level of interpersonal and communication skills adequately to explain complex and exchange detailed patient information with hospital professional staff.
---Requires the ability to lead, direct and mentor others.
---Requires the ability to address the fears and anxieties of patients and their families in stressful situations, with empathy and tact.
---Requires the ability to gather and assess patient information from a variety of sources in a timely manner and relay accurate/complete information to professional staff.
---Basic keyboarding skills and knowledge/experience with order entry database software for supply management.
A. Physical Effort:
---Walking, standing, heavy lifting, bending, reaching, pushing and pulling patients and equipment. Prolonged periods of standing during procedures. Use of patient care equipment as such found in the emergency center, etc.
B. Work Environment:
---Works in a fast-paced emergency setting and is exposed to x-rays, infectious diseases, contaminated needles as well as unpleasant odors and patient care activities. Considerable stress may be experienced working in emotional situations. Requires the ability to accommodate a flexible schedule for off-shift, weekends and rotating holiday assignments.
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Dearborn , Emergency Tech Ld, Other , Dearborn, Michigan
here to apply!