AUTOMOTIVE PARTS SPECIALIST
Company: LaFontaine Buick GMC of Dearborn, Inc.
Posted on: January 22, 2023
AUTOMOTIVE PARTS SPECIALISTAre you interested in joining a
growing business that is committed to family, promotes employees
from within, is passionate about protecting the environment, has an
inspiring company culture, and is actively involved with the
community and local charities? If so, this opportunity might be for
you!THE POSITION: The Parts Specialist sells parts to all available
customers over the counter, through the shop or on the
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Discounts on Sales and Service
- Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid
Life/AD&D, Employee Assistance Program)
- Voluntary Benefits (Flexing Spending Account, Life/AD&D,
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident
Insurance, Legal & Identity Theft Protection)
- 401(k) and Employer Match
- Holiday Savings Program with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday PaySkills & Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage
sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to
prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related
- Proficiency with, or the ability to quickly learn, the
organization's HRIS and talent management systems. (Payroll:
Reynolds & Reynolds / Ignite; HR Compliance: KPA /
VeraSuite)Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One year in a vehicle parts department preferred.Essential
Duties, Responsibilities, Skills & Qualifications:
- Assist walk-in customers in selecting required parts, suggest
companion requirements, offer specials, and ensure the customer is
exposed to the full product line.
- Pull purchased parts from stock. If part is not in stock,
determine availability and inform customer of expected date of
- Answer telephone calls, providing price quotes and other
information, capture customer name and phone numbers. Set up orders
for daily shipment, delivery or pick-up.
- Verify "will-call" and "back-order" files weekly and return to
vendors or stock those items not required. Assist the parts to
service counter parts sales associate as necessary.
- Order parts not in stock as approved by the Parts Manager.
- Notify the customer and the Service Department when the parts
arrive. Accept cash and credit payments. Keep cash register
- Assist with organization and cleanliness of parts
- Receive and stock incoming inventory. Verify receipts against
purchase orders. Assist with periodic inventory vehicle counts as
directed by supervisor.
- Ensure merchandise displays are stocked, clean and appealing to
customers. Complete all training as directed by supervisor.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in Employee
Handbook. Any other duties as assigned.Physical Requirements:
- Required to stand, sit, use hand to finger, handle, or
- Frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl,
reach with hands and arms, take and hear.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally
lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
focus.THE COMPANY: Founded in 1980 by Michael Sr. and Maureen
LaFontaine, the award-winning and nationally-recognized LaFontaine
Automotive Group includes 52 retail franchises, 9 collision centers
and 30 Michigan retail locations. The group employs nearly 2,200
individuals. It's the mission of the LaFontaine Family to
personalize the automotive experience by building lifelong
relationships that connect families and strengthen communities. -
The LaFontaine commitment to customers, staff, and local
communities is demonstrated by active participation and
contributions to numerous non-profit organizations, educational
institutions, and charities throughout Michigan. The combination of
both the mission and core values provides the basic foundation of
our promise --- to treat every customer like they are members of
our family. From sales to service to parts, LaFontaine Automotive
Group is able to meet any customer's specific needs. LaFontaine
represents the following brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet,
Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Fiat, Genesis, Honda, Hyundai, Jeep, KIA,
Lincoln, Mazda, RAM, Polestar, Subaru, Toyota, Volvo, and
Volkswagen.Our Mission: -To Build Lifelong Relationships that
Connect Families, Strengthen Communities, and Personalize the
Automotive Experience. -Our Core Values: Accountability,
Responsibility, Respect, Communication, Teamwork,
Passion.LaFontaine Automotive Group is an equal opportunity
Keywords: LaFontaine Buick GMC of Dearborn, Inc., Dearborn , AUTOMOTIVE PARTS SPECIALIST, Other , Dearborn, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!