Systems Engineer - Controls
Posted on: January 20, 2023
RGBSI, is dedicated to providing the highest quality of services
to our clients and employees. We are proud to be the primary
partner to top companies in the automotive, aerospace & defense,
IT, media & entertainment, sports, energy, and finance industries.
As a result of our clients' continued growth, we are looking for
energetic, personable professionals to partner with these leading
- The Automotive Cybersecurity Application Engineer will act as
the lead technical interface to our ECU design teams and
- Engineers will manage and apply cyber security requirements and
deliverables into our vehicles.
- They will work with ECU owners to manage the integration of
security controls throughout the development and release process to
ensure security is built in by design.
- Recognizing and accommodating the limitations of embedded
in-vehicle systems is essential.
- Engineers need to be able to consume and understand the design
of individual ECUs and evaluate potential design trade-offs
associated with integrating security controls.
- Engineers are expected to take ownership of assignments
including developing in-depth understanding of Client's set of
security controls, applying them ECUs and their interfaces, working
to close design gaps and mitigate risks to the vehicle and delivery
programs, and report out to functional and security management.
- ECU and vehicle level solution and process integration
- Interface with cross-functional teams on technical issues
related to cyber security
- Manage delivery of security requirements and design validation
methodologies (DVM) from program kickoff to launch and
- Ensure security controls are implemented and validated using
robust engineering processes
- Develop and utilize global supplier expertise to meet cyber
- Develop and maintain technical documentation as
- Provide training and consulting to internal Client function
- Support vehicle programs with security needs
- Provide presentations to management (functional leadership,
program milestones, security governance board, etc.)
- Some traveling will be required (plants for launch support, but
also opportunities for conferences, regional team meetings,
government/academia visits, etc.)
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple
- Ability to develop and maintain engineering documentation
including requirements, specifications, test plans, etc.
- Understanding of architecture, development, design
- Conceptual understanding of security methodologies and
- Knowledge of CAN and CAN tooling (CANoe/CANalyzer, DET, DaVinci
- Project management skills, including identifying and scheduling
process steps, determining resources and staff required to
successfully complete deliverables
- Ability to work in high pressure environments
- 2+ years of experience with embedded and/or automotive
- 1+ years of experience with in-vehicle network architecture,
modules, and protocols (CAN etc.)
- 1+ years of experience with system engineering, development,
- 1+ years of experience with embedded software development,
especially with a security focus Program launch experience
- Experience implementing security controls in an embedded
(especially automotive) environment
- Experience applying security fundamentals (such as
Cryptography, keying, PKI, TLS)
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer
Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits
including, medical, dental, 401k, Short Term Disability, AD&D
and Tuition Reimbursement, etc. If you take pride in your work and
are committed to personal and professional success we want to talk
to you. Please visit www.rgbsi.com to learn more.
RGBSI is a Multi-National Corporation headquartered in Troy, MI
with branches throughout the USA, Canada, Germany, Mexico, and
Keywords: RGBSI, Dearborn , Systems Engineer - Controls, Other , Dearborn, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!