DevOps Software Engineer
Company: Ford Motor Company
Posted on: November 12, 2021
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives
human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom
to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for
the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for
you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define
As a member of Enterprise Connectivity, you'll play a critical part
in crafting the future of mobility. The selected candidate will
work closely with existing team members to progress and grow
projects following SAFE Agile development practices using
associated processes and tools, to ensure work to the Electric
Vehicle development organizations meet encouraged requirements and
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer in support of modernizing software
platforms and centralizing software development processes, methods,
and tools. This person will join a team responsible for building
and deploying a large-scale hardware build, deployment, and
validation pipeline in a cloud environment. A strategic part of
this role will be the ability to deliver the best digital
experiences to our Electric Vehicle customers. We are looking for
candidates who are passionate about automation, software
artisanship, and operational practices.
What you'll be able to do:
- Develop technology proofs of concepts and custom tools to shape
DevOps practices for the global Mobility Product Delivery -
Electrification (EV) team
- Partner with EV product teams and drive the normalization of
DevOps instrumentation standards by building out and maintaining a
common DevOps tooling suite.
- Continually evaluate emerging technologies to find
opportunities, trends and standard methodologies that can be used
to strengthen the technology platform, testing automation, and
- Help the team build standards and best practices to deliver
highly reliable, "always on" software engineering platform(s) our
EV customers expect.
- Promote a DevOps culture and mentality, including the adoption
of DORA metrics.
- Collaborate with teams working in an Agile methodology applying
daily standups, backlog grooming, retrospectives, and story
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
or related field.
- 1+ years of experience developing software in C, C++, or
- 1+ years of experience designing and maintaining CI/CD tools
and environments in a large enterprise (e.g. Docker,
- 1+ years of experience working in the Google Cloud Platform
Our preferred requirements:
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or
- 1+ years of experience with Terraform software.
- 1+ years of experience working in a customer facing support
- 1+ years of experience working in an electric vehicle concepts
What you'll receive in return:As part of the Ford family, you'll
enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package
that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings, and stock
investment plans, incentive compensation, and much more. You'll
also experience exciting opportunities for professional and
personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of
mobility, we'd love to have you join us.Candidates for positions
with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the
United States permanently. Verification of employment eligibility
will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not
available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally
diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability status, or protected veteran status.For
information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
Keywords: Ford Motor Company, Dearborn , DevOps Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Dearborn, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!