Asset Protection Assistant
Posted on: November 22, 2021
About Macy--s is proudly America--s Department Store. There--s a
reason we--ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for
fashion, value and celebration. Macy--s is also known for giving
back to our communities. Now is an exciting time to join Macy--s.
The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation. Our
industry-leading Asset Protection team uses the latest technology
and analytics tools to reduce shortages and protect Macy--s bottom
line. Develop your skills with opportunities to specialize in areas
such as Investigations, Organized Retail Crime, and Asset
Protection Training. Join a team of colleagues who are committed to
excellence and leadership development. Job Overview As the exempt
Assistant Asset Protection Manager, you will support the Asset
Protection Manager, My Macy--s initiatives, Omnichannel strategies,
and the We Care Service Model through the management of a team of
direct reports, the identification of shortage results and causes,
and the development of programs and procedures to reduce shortage.
Perform other duties as assigned. Essential Functions
- Recruit, interview, hire, train, manage, and develop a team of
Asset Protection direct reports; provide feedback and coaching as
needed; engage in quarterly and annual performance check-ins with
direct reports; make decisions regarding talent development and
promotions; address colleague concerns; partner with HR in response
to performance/conduct issues.
- Assist the AP Manager with the supervision of indirect
- Protect and monitor company assets, alarms, property,
colleagues, and visitors through the enforcement of company and
Asset Protection policies.
- Drive all areas of The Shortage Program and Shortage
- Identify shortage results and causes of shortage; partner with
AP Manager/Store Manager to formulate effective preventive action
plans in support of profit objectives; drive new programs and
procedures to reduce shortage through the training and development
of the Asset Protection team.
- Manage and monitor internal and external case productivity and
recoveries; participate in internal and external theft
investigations; assist with surveillance and apprehensions as
- Promote safety awareness and a safe shopping and work
environment for customers and colleagues.
- Develop and foster partnerships with local law
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality. Qualifications
- Bachelor--s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of leadership/supervisory position in
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate
and share information with diverse groups of customers and
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents
such as reports and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division.
- Ability to prioritize, effectively plan and execute
- Strong leadership profile; ability to build partnerships;
excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as
part of a team.
- Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and
professional business standards.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as
part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays. Physical
- Regularly required to walk, stand, hear, talk; may be required
to stoop, kneel, crouch.
- Requires use of computer equipment and other devices; close
vision, color vision, depth perception, ability to adjust
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department.
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs. Candidates in Colorado: Click
here for Pay Range and here to learn about Benefits . Candidates in
Connecticut: Click here for Pay Range Candidates in Nevada: Click
here for Pay Range STORES00
Keywords: Macy--s, Dearborn , Asset Protection Assistant, Hospitality & Tourism , Dearborn, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!