Retail Sales - Mattresses, Part Time: Fairlane Town Center
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Job Overview: The --Mattress Sales Associate is responsible for
providing outstanding customer service, meeting hourly sales,
protection plan (WorryNoMore), return rate and Star Rewards goals
on a personal and departmental basis while demonstrating superior
product knowledge to customers.-- To create a shopping experience
that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable. The
associate is also responsible for followup/clienteling and
performing other duties as necessary. Essential Functions:
- Be proficient in all systems need to complete transactions
(SOCR, MySA, BT tablet app, POS, search and send and MPOS).
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop
and compare, whether Macy---s devices or their own.
- Assist customers in all aspects of total store experience and
have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical
customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the
customer is always the priority.
- Handle all returns and delivery issues courteously and
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other
customer preference related factors.
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build
sales and minimize returns.
- Suggest additional items to compliment customer-- selection
which includes both product and services such as WorryNoMore,
adjustable bases, frame and low profile boxsprings.
- Offer to call other locations if items are unavailable within
- Offer to put purchase on customer---s Macy---s charge account
toward the end of the shopping experience.
- Invite customers to come back and thank them by name.
- Responsible for achieving personal sales goals, Star Reward
goals, WorryNoMore Conversion Goal and return--rate goal.
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm
reflecting Macy---s commitment to our customer-the most important
person in our stores.
- Use MySa clientele program to maintain customer profile and
contact information to increase personal sales.
- Maintain contact with customers thru pre- and post-delivery
contacts to ensure a positive shopping and delivery
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related
to POS procedures.
- Develop product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and
pamphlets, attending training classes in order to communicate it to
the customer, complete all vendor courses on the Big Ticket
- Be aware of current promotional events and sales.
- Maintain department recovery standards; which includes recovery
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Follows shortage programs and procedures.
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by
the Supervisor .
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.--
Qualifications: -- Education/Experience:
- No specific educational accomplishment is
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.--
- Willing to proactively reach out to potential customers.
- Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
manuals.-- Mathematical Skills:
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division.--
- Able to use a calculator.---- Reasoning Ability:
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team
in a competitive commission environment.----
- Organization and excellent follow up skills required.--
- This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing,
reaching, and standing.--
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.--
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.--
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.---- Other Skills:
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.--
- Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.--
- Possess a thirst for learning.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent
use of RF equipment.-- Work Hours:
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours,
which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on
department and store/company needs.--This job overview is not all
inclusive.-- In addition, Macy---s, Inc. reserves the right to
amend this job overview at any time.-- Macy---s is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work
environment.-- Macy---s, Inc. --- including Macy---s and
Bloomingdale---s --- will consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent
with--SFPC Art. 49--and--LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.
Keywords: Macy's, Dearborn , Retail Sales - Mattresses, Part Time: Fairlane Town Center, Hospitality & Tourism , Dearborn, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!