Company: Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak (Mich.)
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Under the management of the Laboratory Manager or Director, Lab Operations responsible for daily coordination of laboratory staff, operations and inventory of assigned department including equipment, policies/procedures, quality, safety, personnel, and financial activities in accordance with all regulatory/accrediting agencies' requirements, and corporate/laboratory standards of operations. This position reports to Manager, Laboratory or Director, Lab Operations.
This is a full time day shift position in the Clinical Pathology Lab at the Dearborn campus.
1. Responsible for planning, organizing, maintaining the technical and clerical operations of department including operations/workflows of automated and non-automated equipment, specimen processing, turn-around time and resulting; oversees new test development and implementation, inventory and supplies. Assist with developing, testing and teaching software updates.
2. Assures that adequate staffing levels are achieved and maintained in the laboratories at all times through oversight of staff work schedules and workgroup assignments. Performs new hire interviews and employee evaluations, competency evaluations, and addresses human resource concerns.
3. Assists director/manager/medical leadership with developing, implementing and monitoring diagnostic quality assurance program. Participates in the implementation, maintenance and review of all technical procedures and all QC/QA policies/practices. Extracts data in LIS for QA monitors and research projects.
4. Participates in the writing, trending and review of all training/competency checklists and all productivity monitoring metrics. Administrates training and continuing education which includes CLIA mandated proficiency testing.
5. Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of all policies and procedures required by the hospital, laboratory and any governing regulatory agencies.
6. Operates, troubleshoots and maintains all lab equipment; contacts service personnel and schedules repairs as needed. Investigate and analyze new equipment and procedures.
7. Working with laboratory operations director, establishes and maintains department operating budget.
8. Other duties as assigned.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
Beaumont offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
Keywords: Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak (Mich.), Dearborn , Supv, Laboratory, Healthcare , Dearborn, Michigan
here to apply!