Company: Oakwood OB/GYN Assoc West
Posted on: March 18, 2023
BE EXTRAORDINARY, JOIN OUR TEAM!
Beaumont is now offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus for this part-time position!
As the largest not-for-profit health care system serving Michigan, we offer a world of opportunity within our expansive system. We have more nationally ranked hospitals than any other health system in the state, including six that are Magnet --recognized. In total, Beaumont has eight hospitals and 155 outpatient sites that provide diverse practice settings located in communities throughout southeastern Michigan and the greater Detroit metropolitan area.
Under the general supervision of a nurse manager or other site leadership with indirect nursing leader support, performs diversified clinical duties by providing nursing care to acutely or chronically ill patients in an ambulatory setting.
1. Provides specialized nursing care to patients with illnesses, combined medical problems or attitudes that require adaptation of established nursing procedures
2. Acts as liaison between the patient and family, physicians and other members of the interdisciplinary team
3. Administers prescribed IV medications, blood and blood components and intravenous fluids and monitors patient response to drug treatments
4. Provides wound management, nutritional guidance, and psychological support to patients, families and to the professional staff
5. Interprets and implements policies and procedures set forth by nursing and hospital administration
6. Functions as a clinical and community resource, educator, and consultant.
7. Able to coordinate and provide care for patients based on detailed treatment protocols initiated by physicians without need of direct physician supervision.
8. Duties as assigned based on specific specialty and/or service line.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
1. Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH). Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
2. Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests, and others.
3. Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health's customer service, service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and participates with all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organizations including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress code.
4. Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations information.
5. Supports and participates in a collaborative team-oriented environment - cooperates and works together with all co-workers, plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
6. Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules - including universal precautions - reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
7. Completes all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organization.
8. Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification, as applicable, at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training:
- Equivalent to a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing from an NLN-approved school of nursing.
B. Work Experience:
- Three years of acute nursing experience required. Endocrine experience preferred, but not required.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- Must possess RN license in State of Michigan.
- BLS certification.
A. Physical Effort:
Position requires ability to frequently push/pull up to 30 lb. objects with assist of others, occasional requires ability to lift objects more than 50 lbs. with others, constantly lift objects up to 20 lbs. And frequently lift up to 40 lbs.
- Manual Dexterity
Position requires incumbent to constantly perform simple motor skills such as standing, walking and simple manipulative skills such as writing. Position requires incumbent to frequently perform moderately difficult manipulative skills such as positioning patients.
Position requires incumbent to constantly perform gross body coordination such as walking. Frequently perform tasks which require hand-eye coordination such as assisting patients to eat, collections of specimens for transport to lab and tasks which require arm-hand steadiness such as taking patients temps and pulses.
Positions requires incumbent to constantly walk and stand; occasionally sit for prolonged periods, frequently bend such as when caring for a patient in bed.
- Visual Discrimination
Positions requires incumbent to constantly see objects far away as in driving and see close objects such as reading thermometers.
Positions requires incumbent to constantly be able to hear normal sound with some background noise as in answering phone/intercom. Frequently be able to distinguish sound as in equipment alarms.
B. Work Environment:
- Employee may be frequently exposed to electro-magnetic radiations as in VDTs. Occasionally exposed to hazardous material other than blood, body tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins, cytotoxions, chemical hazardous materials, bodily injuries, loud and/or unpleasant noises, high humidity, electrical hazards, or poisonous substances. Infrequently exposed to blood, body tissue, or fluids. Seldom exposed to fluctuations in temperature, grease, oil, and radiation.
- Potential risk of an exposure to hazardous medications or waste materials of hazardous medications.
NEW On-demand pay program - powered by Payactiv
Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of products and services
Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance plans
Generous retirement savings, disability insurance, identify theft protection and even home and auto insurance
Our diverse and talented teams of professionals and clinicians don't just share in the success of our system; they make it possible. Driven by our shared commitment to making our communities healthier and stronger, we are leading the way in health care innovation with relentless ambition and a belief that anything is possible when we work together.
Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
This is where extraordinary begins. Find out where it can take you and your career. Apply Now!
BE EXTRAORDINARY, JOIN OUR TEAM!
Keywords: Oakwood OB/GYN Assoc West, Dearborn , RN OBGYN, Healthcare , Dearborn, Michigan
here to apply!