Company: Beaumont Hospital Dearborn
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Improve health, instill humanity and inspire hope, that's just
the beginning of the difference you can make when you join our
team!Beaumont is now offering up to $35,000 sign-on bonus for
full-time Emergency RN's!Do you have student loan debt?Become an
eligible team member and apply for our Student Loan Assistance
pilot program, which provides up to $420 per month toward loan
debt. Applications will be accepted on a first come, first served
basis. A limited number of awards will be available. Apply for a
position today and speak with a recruiter to see if you
qualify.Beaumont Hospital, Dearborn
Recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the "Top 10
Hospitals" in Michigan, this major teaching and research hospital
has been advancing care for the greater Dearborn, Michigan region
since 1953. Beaumont, Dearborn is verified as a Level II trauma
center and has been recognized for clinical excellence and
innovation in the fields of orthopedics, neurosciences (Stroke
Center of Excellence), women's health, heart and vascular, and
cancer care. Clinical staff here have the opportunity to
participate in training for residents from Wayne State's University
School of Medicine.GENERAL SUMMARY:The Registered Nurse, under the
ANA scope of practice, utilizes the framework of the nursing
process to provide professional nursing care by incorporating
patient-family centered care principles. The Registered Nurse
provides quality patient care under the direction of the Nurse
Leader according to Beaumont policies and
procedures.BENEFITS:Beaumont offers a comprehensive benefits
package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance
- Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
- Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of
products and services
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Savings & retirement plans, disability insurance, identify
theft protection and even home and auto insurance
- NEW On-demand pay program - powered by Payactive
- Free parkingSTANDARD QUALIFICATIONS:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training: Graduate of an accredited school of
nursing. Diploma, A.D.N., B.S.N., M.S.N., DNP/PhD - if not minimum
BSN prepared, new graduate/nurse with less than one (1) year
experience is required to sign an educational contract upon hire to
complete BSN within specified timeframe and adhere to contract
stipulations. RN must enroll in an accredited BSN program within
one (1) year of hire date and complete within the next three (3)
years. This is effective September 1, 2017.
Specialty Certification highly recommended after 2 years in
- Work Experience: 1 year of RN Emergency experience required.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: RN with active license
in State of Michigan
- Other Qualifications: Current American Heart Association,
American Red Cross, or Canadian Heart and Stroke BLS for Healthcare
Providers certification and other certifications as required by
- Emergency Care: ACLS within 6 months of hire/transfer, TNCC and
ENPC within 12 and 15 months of hire/transfer
- Applies the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, evaluation, and discharge needs of
- Applies the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care
(PFCC) in practice and uses this knowledge to personalize care for
- Recognizes the impact of nursing care and patient/family
partnerships on patient outcomes.
- Partners with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in
planning plan of care.
- Provides quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of
value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally
- Provides assistance to individuals in a manner that takes into
account their special needs, age-related and cultural-related
- Recognizes the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and
family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources
in planning patient care.
- Delegates appropriate tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and competently performs technical
procedures and uses equipment properly.
- Documents in the patient record in a timely, accurate and
concise manner. Develops teaching strategies for patient/family;
documents education and learning appropriately in health record.
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting
and is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring
peers and educating patients and families.
- Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and
incorporates evidence-based practice and research into practice.
Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
- Completes a self-appraisal that includes professional goals
annually and completes peer review.
- Participates in department-based activities, staff meetings and
- Actively participates in hand offs of care, including the
patient, family and partners in care.
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural
traditions and lore of community served.This document represents
the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job,
and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and
functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may
be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly
- Physical Effort:Strength
- Position requires ability to frequently push/pull up to 30 lb.
objects with assist of others, occasional requires ability to lift
objects more than 50 lbs. with others, constantly lift objects up
to 20 lbs. And frequently lift up to 40 lbs.Manual Dexterity
- Position requires incumbent to constantly perform simple motor
skills such as standing, walking and simple manipulative skills
such as writing. Position requires incumbent to frequently perform
moderately difficult manipulative skills such as positioning
- Position requires incumbent to constantly perform gross body
coordination such as walking. Frequently perform tasks which
require hand-eye coordination such as assisting patients to eat,
collections of specimens for transport to lab and tasks which
require arm-hand steadiness such as taking patients temps and
- Positions requires incumbent to constantly walk and stand;
occasionally sit for prolonged periods, frequently bend such as
when caring for a patient in bed.Visual Discrimination
- Positions requires incumbent to constantly see objects far away
as in driving and see close objects such as reading
- Positions requires incumbent to constantly be able to hear
normal sound with some background noise as in answering
phone/intercom. Frequently be able to distinguish sound as in
- Work Environment:
- Employee may be frequently exposed to electro-magnetic
radiations as in VDTs. Occasionally exposed to hazardous material
other than blood, body tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins,
cytotoxins, chemical hazardous materials, bodily injuries, loud
and/or unpleasant noises, high humidity, electrical hazards, or
poisonous substances. Infrequently exposed to blood, body tissue,
or fluids. Seldom exposed to fluctuations in temperature, grease,
oil, and radiation.
- Potential risk of an exposure to hazardous medications or waste
materials of hazardous medications.We are an Equal Opportunity
EmployerBeaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all
qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin,
sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital
status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally
protected category.Improve health, instill humanity, and inspire
hope. That's just the beginning of the difference you can make when
you join our team at Beaumont Health. This is where extraordinary
begins. Find out where it can take you and your career. Apply
Keywords: Beaumont Hospital Dearborn, Dearborn , RN Emergency, Healthcare , Dearborn, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...