Medical Social Worker
Company: Interim Healthcare of Oakland County
Posted on: September 20, 2022
The Medical Social Worker is responsible for the continuous
improvement of the total quality care as it relates to meeting the
psychosocial needs of the patient/client. Services are provided in
accordance with the patient's plan of care, accepted standards of
professional practice, applicable law and regulation, as well as
applicable Interim HealthCare policies and procedures.
*Hiring FULLY LICENSED, MSW for Detroit, -MI area
- - Responsible for assessing the psychosocial status,
establishing, monitoring and delivering care as it relates to
meeting the psychosocial needs of the patient/client, as directed
by the physician's plan of plan of care. \
- - Responsible for reporting on the condition of patient/client to
the appropriate supervisor and other staff members.
- - Responsible for assisting the physician and other health care
team members in assessing and understanding the significant social
and emotional needs related to the health problems of the
- - Responsible for the provision of social work services including
short-term individual counseling, community resource planning and
- - Responsible for developing the plan of care in consultation
with the physician and other team members.
- - Responsible for performing an assessment which requires
substantial specialized knowledge, judgment and skill based upon
principles of psychological, biological, physical and social
- - Prepare and submit timely, legible, relevant and sufficient
documentation - whether written or electronic - of treatment and
skilled intervention provided and client and family's response to
interventions, as well as appropriate reports of a patient's
progress toward goals in accordance with professional standards of
practice, policy and procedures, and payor requirements.
- - Provision of assistance to other team members in understanding
the social, ethical and emotional factors related to health
- - Responsible for making decisions based on individual's
educational preparation and experience in social work.
- - Responsible for assisting with the coordination of care of all
assigned patients/clients to assess and identify needs and review
the Interim HealthCare range of services resulting in achievement
of expected goals, active participation in case conferences and
making suggestions to appropriate supervisors.
- - Responsible for utilizing and providing patient/family with
appropriate community resources as needed.
- - Advises and consults with the family and/or other caregivers to
promote patient progress.
- - Actively effectively communicates with other members of the
multidisciplinary healthcare team providing care in order to
promote coordination of patient care and planning for
- - Participates in quality and performance improvement
- - Participates in in-service training, as requested.
- - Performs other duties as required and requests.
- - May have access to personal health information ("PHI")
necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access
to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- - Masters prepared graduate with a degree in social work from a
school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- - State license to practice where applicable.
- - Twelve (12) months of accumulated experience within the last
five (5) years.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- - Able to communicate with all levels of the work force, both
clinical and non-clinical.
- - Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or tasks.
- - Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to
the care of the patient/client.
- - Able to visually observe and assess the patient.
- - Able to effectively deal with multiple changes.
- - Able to travel locally from assignment to assignment.
- - Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if
- - Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if
assignment(s) include driving own vehicle.
- - Meets applicable state and federal health screening
- - Pass federal and state required criminal and abuse background
checks where required.
- - Verification of employment eligibility (I-9) in accordance with
local, state, and federal law and regulations.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Medical Social Worker, Location: Dearborn, MI
- 48120 , PL: 543545508
Keywords: Interim Healthcare of Oakland County, Dearborn , Medical Social Worker, Healthcare , Dearborn, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!