Assistant Nurse Manager- Critical Care- ICU- RN
Company: Beaumont Health
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Shift: 2:00pm-12:00amBe Extraordinary, Join Our Team!Unit
Description: The ICU is a 17-bed unit focused on providing care to
critically ill patients who are hemodynamically unstable. We
provide the evaluation and treatment of illnesses that may lead to
death or acute organ failure, or when there is a concern of
imminent physiological deterioration. The ICU patient population
includes medical-surgical, surgical, and traumatic injury
patients.Beaumont is seeking an experienced RN for the role of
Assistant Nurse Manager in our ICU department at our Dearborn
Hospital. - We are a 632 bed major teaching and research hospital
and a Level II trauma center. - Our hospital is also known for
clinical excellence and innovation in the fields of orthopedics,
neurosciences, women's health, heart and vascular and cancer
care.GENERAL SUMMARY:Under the direction of the nurse manager or
other nursing leader, the assistant nurse manager has
responsibility for the effective implementation of the philosophy,
goals, policies, and procedures of the hospital and the nursing
department and their effect on patient care in the
department.BENEFITSBeaumont offers a comprehensive benefits package
to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
- Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
- Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of
products and services
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Savings & retirement plans, disability insurance, identify
theft protection and even home and auto insuranceSTANDARD
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. - The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. - Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Education / Training: -
- Minimum requirement: Associates Degree. Bachelor's degree in
Nursing or MSN preferred.
- Work Experience: - -
- Two (2) years of nursing experience required. - Participation
in leadership activities (Unit, hospital or system Shared
Governance meetings, Precepting, Charge nurse role, etc.,)
- Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- Current RN in State of Michigan required.
- Other Qualifications: -
- Nursing Certification in specialty area preferred.ESSENTIAL
DUTIES: - - - - - - - - - -
- Assists the nurse manager and divisional director in
development, implementation and evaluation of ongoing service
programs which assure quality nursing, and patient care programs
consistent with the hospital mission.
- Assists the nurse manager to monitor/maintain unit compliance
with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient
services, and environmental and personnel safety.
- Maintains current license and knowledge of nursing care
requirements for all patients on the unit. Assesses need for
personal growth and development and takes the initiative in seeking
opportunities to meet this need.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the
service and implements solutions with follow through and
- Collaborates with the nurse manager to a service that is
consistent with the patient care beliefs and shared management
philosophy of the department.
- Consults with patients/families through primary nurse request,
direct family request and/or direct assessment of patient/family
response to hospitalization. Assesses patient/significant other
survey responses regarding nursing care and services.
- Responsible for ongoing development of staff and unit specific
patient care programs.
- Shares responsibility with the nurse manager for effective
communication horizontally and vertically within the
- In collaboration with the nurse manager, is responsible for
effective and efficient fiscal management of department operations
to ensure proper utilization of organizational and financial
- In collaboration with the nurse manager, is responsible for
department's operational excellence; assures department delivers
quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures
and professional standards.
- Manages human resources to ensure quality services and promote
positive employee relations.
- Collaborates with the nurse manager to ensure proper
utilization of organization's financial resources.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and
industry information to staff.
- Attains all agreed to goals and objectives within specified
time frames, as part of the organization's overall mission.
- Attends all required safety training programs and can describe
his/her responsibilities related to general safety,
department/service safety and specific job related hazards.
- Follows the hospital exposure control plans/blood borne and
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all
patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a
professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as
part of a department/unit team inter- and intra-departmentally to
facilitate the department's/unit's ability to meet its goals and
- Provides for the safety of all hospital personnel.
- Manages patient placement, facilities, and resources.
- Provides information and professional support to staff.
- Serves as a role model and resource for staff.
- Represents nursing and hospital administration on the off
- Participates in the development of nursing staff.WORKING
CONDITIONS: - - - -
- Physical Effort:
- Strength: Position requires ability to frequently push/pull up
to 30 lb. objects with assist of others, occasional requires
ability to lift objects more than 50 lbs. with others, constantly
lift objects up to 20 lbs. And frequently lift up to 40 lbs.
- Manual Dexterity: Position requires incumbent to constantly
perform simple motor skills such as standing, walking and simple
manipulative skills such as writing. Position requires incumbent to
frequently perform moderately difficult manipulative skills such as
- Coordination: Position requires incumbent to constantly perform
gross body coordination such as walking. Frequently perform tasks
which require hand-eye coordination such as assisting patients to
eat, collections of specimens for transport to lab and tasks which
require arm-hand steadiness such as taking patients temps and
- Mobility: Positions requires incumbent to constantly walk and
stand; occasionally sit for prolonged periods, frequently bend such
as when caring for a patient in bed.
- Visual Discrimination: Positions requires incumbent to
constantly see objects far away as in driving and see close objects
such as reading thermometers.
- Hearing: Positions requires incumbent to constantly be able to
hear normal sound with some background noise as in answering
phone/intercom. Occasionally be able to distinguish sound as in
- Work Environment: - - - -
- Frequently exposed to electro-magnetic radiations as in
- Occasionally exposed to hazardous material other than blood,
body tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins, cytotoxins, chemical
hazardous materials, bodily injuries, loud and/or unpleasant
noises, high humidity, electrical hazards, or poisonous
- Infrequently exposed to blood, body tissue, or fluids.
- Seldom exposed to fluctuations in temperature, grease, oil, and
- Potential risk of an exposure to hazardous medications or waste
materials of hazardous medications.ABOUT BEAUMONTBeaumont offers
you a world of opportunity throughout Southeast Michigan. - With
eight hospitals and 155 outpatient sites you'll have a wide variety
of practice settings to choose from. - Beaumont has more nationally
ranked hospitals in Michigan than any other health system.We are an
Equal Opportunity Employer#BHSHnursing
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Dearborn , Assistant Nurse Manager- Critical Care- ICU- RN, Healthcare , Dearborn, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!