Respiratory Therapist Registered
Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Posted on: June 16, 2022
Beaumont is now offering a Sign-On Bonus of $10,000 to Full-Time
Respiratory Therapist Registered New Hires.
Beaumont Dearborn - Full-time Days
Assists patients of all ages with acute and chronic illness in
returning to a productive life style through the education and the
application of various therapeutic modalities. May perform
diagnostic testing and monitoring through the application / use of
spirometry both at bedside and in conjunction with physician orders
for pulmonary function studies.
* Develop patient care plans per established protocols. Perform and
provide chart review, audits and documentation of services
provided. Provide patient and family education.
* Responsible for maintaining patient's airway outside of the OR
including: ventilator management, Arterial Blood Gas
sampling/analysis, CPR & Rapid Response teams, administering &
monitoring the use of oxygen, aerosolized meds, bedside spirometry
and other therapeutic modalities.
* Equipment processing, including high level disinfecting.
* Participates in Physician or collaborative patient rounds.
* Participates in Process Improvement initiatives (Kaizens).
* Performs PFT's and related tests per physician order. Provides
educational opportunity for students, nursing, etc. during routine
* Performs patient assessment to determine appropriateness of
orders. Interacts with physician for follow up / interpretation of
* Orientation/training of new employees and students performing
* Evaluation of equipment.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore,
that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond
those explicitly described.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* Education / Training: Associate of Applied Science degree in
* Work Experience: None required.
* Certification, Licensure, Registration: Current State of Michigan
Respiratory Therapist license. NBRC-RRT credential required.
Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers
certification. NRP certification preferred to work in the NICU.
Sign-On Bonus offered to New Hires only.
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Dearborn , Respiratory Therapist Registered, Healthcare , Dearborn, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!