AUTOMOTIVE SALES MANAGER
Company: LaFontaine Toyota Kia
Posted on: September 22, 2022
AUTOMOTIVE SALES MANAGERAre you interested in joining a growing
business that is committed to family, promotes employees from
within, is passionate about protecting the environment, has an
inspiring company culture, and is actively involved with the
community and local charities? If so, this opportunity might be for
you!THE POSITION: The Sales Manager is responsible for maintaining
a well-balanced Used and New Car Vehicle inventory and selling each
unit at a maximum gross profit. Will establish objectives for the
department and accomplish them through planning, organizing,
controlling, and measuring the performance of the vehicles
salespeople. Must present a professional appearance.THE PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Discounts on Sales and Service
- Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid
Life/AD&D, Employee Assistance Program)
- Voluntary Benefits (Flexing Spending Account, Life/AD&D,
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident
Insurance, Legal & Identity Theft Protection)
- 401(k) and Employer Match
- Holiday Savings Program with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday PaySkills & Qualifications:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and
- Ability to use personal computer applications including word
processing and spreadsheet software.
- Current valid drivers license and state sales license.Education
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Three years in automotive sales (including experience in both
New and Used Car Sales, finance, and insurance).
- One year in a supervisory position preferred. Broad knowledge
of all types of vehicles.Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Determine monthly and annual forecasts in terms of unit sales,
gross profit objectives and departmental profits.
- Establish objectives with each salesperson regarding closing
percentages, prospecting efforts, unit sales, time utilization and
- Establish a program to ensure vehicle salespeople are kept
informed of current inventory.
- Establish and maintain standards for displaying, merchandising,
and maintaining new and used vehicles and lot.
- Oversee the efforts of vehicle salespeople to enhance the image
and customer satisfaction ratings of the facility.
- Monitor vehicle salespeoples payroll records.
- Assist vehicle salespeople in setting their short and long-term
- Communicate daily with New Car Sales Manager regarding recent
- Establish standards for appraising used vehicles including
requirement to obtain vehicle history report.
- Complete written appraisal on all potential trade-in
- Ensure cosmetic and mechanical reconditioning of used vehicles
is performed within cost and time limitations.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the use of a prospecting
program and follow-up.
- Plan and control the display of vehicles. Establish and
- Conduct sales meetings daily to review the previous days
results and determine current days plan of action.
- Provide on-the-job training for salespeople.
- Develop and implement a prospecting program for salespeople and
ensure the program is followed to achieve desired results.
- Facilitate New vehicle pre-delivery with the Service
- Review monthly productivity reports, salespeoples monthly
forecasts and profit performance with the Operations Director by
salesperson and as a department.
- Review salespeoples performance and develop programs of
improvement for those unable to meet their objectives.
- Ensure vehicle salespeople maintain a 100-percent turnover to
the Finance & Insurance Manager.
- Evaluate the condition of demonstrators monthly.
- Ensure compliance with information security and other
- Recommend New vehicle inventory levels to be carried based on
customer and market analyses.
- Assist salespeople in closing deals.
- Communicate with vehicle salespeople to ensure company policies
and procedures are understood and followed.
- Complete all training as directed by management.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in the Personnel
Policy Manual and other corporate policies.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Direct and schedule the activities of the vehicle sales
- Understand and comply with current federal, state, and local
regulations that affect the New and Used vehicle sales department
such as consumer sales practices, FTC requirements and information
security programs.Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly required to stand, talk, and hear.
- Frequently is required to walk and sit.
- Is potentially exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.THE
COMPANY: LaFontaine Automotive Group is an award winning and
nationally recognized automotive dealership of over 40 years with
52 retail franchises, 8 collision centers, 30 Michigan locations
and 2,100 employees in southeast Michigan. We are proud to be named
Michigans fastest growing automotive dealership group! LaFontaine
Automotive Group is a place where our employees are truly family
and where people come before the bottom line. Its a welcoming place
where you can build a career and will find the tools and support
needed to take your career to new heights.Our Mission: -To Build
Lifelong Relationships that Connect Families, Strengthen
Communities, and Personalize the Automotive Experience. -Our Core
Values: Accountability, Responsibility, Respect, Communication,
Teamwork, Passion.LaFontaine Automotive Group is an equal
Keywords: LaFontaine Toyota Kia, Dearborn , AUTOMOTIVE SALES MANAGER, Executive , Dearborn, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!