Posted on: July 31, 2022
Epitec POSITION:Plant Engineer JOB TYPE:Contract, W2
LOCATION:Dearborn, MI JOB SUMMARY FOR PLANT ENGINEER:
- This is an outstanding opportunity to be a member of the Site
IT team and assist in redefining and reimagining how site IT lends
support to the manufacturing team, as the site operationalizes its
electrification revolution.RESPONSIBILITIES FOR PLANT ENGINEER:
- As a member of the Plant I.T. team you will be hands on
assisting the plant in producing these very exciting and new
vehicles for the NA consumer market. As part of the job
responsibilities, you will interface and support IT across a broad
host of Infrastructure & Applications that the plant uses to
produce these exhilarating vehicles. You will also lend your
knowledge and experiences to support process improvement efforts
toward flexible and lean manufacturing, enabling Factory of
Tomorrow (e.g. IIOT, Software-defined networks, next-generation
error proofing, digital broadcast, and various mobility solutions
and pilots) along with supporting the legacy manufacturing
execution systems within the facility.
- The successful candidate will be working with a global team to
provide support that includes technical troubleshooting, data
analysis & problem resolution for the applications & infrastructure
on the plant floor and lead various efforts to ensure all
responsible manufacturing applications meet productivity goals. You
will also interface daily with all business departments in the
plant, from assembly and industrial controls to quality and
finance. This position provides an excellent opportunity to not
only expand your IT Skillset, but also to acquire manufacturing
experience that will enhance your long-term career
potential.REQUIRED EXPERIENCE FOR PLANT ENGINEER:
- A strong desire to learn manufacturing operations and business
practices from an IT perspective is required.
- Broad business and manufacturing perspective is helpful.
- Understanding of computer-based tools, computing infrastructure
and interest in processes that support manufacturing is core.
- A willingness to work in a high-pressure production environment
and flexible working shift is a foundation in this space.
- A willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies.Experience
- Experience with Server administration; Windows (2016+) or
- Familiar with Cisco routers and switches to include basic
staging, troubleshooting and cable installation.
- Willing to learn Cisco software-defined architecture (SDA)
troubleshooting and implementation.
- Knowledge of Windows server and Windows Active Directory/ADFS
--- Experience with VM servers (Vsphere).
- Experience with Android and/or iOS, iPhones, iPads.
- Experience with Office365.
- Experience with SharePoint.
- Experience with Office automation, Windows, PC's &
- Any plant floor automation experience is highly desired
(Control systems, PLC's, etc.), but not required.SKILLS AND
QUALIFICATIONS FOR PLANT ENGINEER:
- Support a multi-shift operation in a manufacturing plant.
- Must be able to work flexible hours in support a multi-shift
operation. Requires rotating schedule to support business
processes. (Days, nights and or weekends).
- Provide technical support (I.T. Applications, Infrastructure,
operating systems, end-user-productivity tools) to plant business
customers throughout the manufacturing plant.
- Interface with corporate IT and business owners to prioritize
- Support Plant Floor Systems / PDO teams in resolving incidents;
Provide triage and business continuity plans, support escalations,
provide hands and feet to support teams and other global teams (e.
g. DBA, Server Operations, Ops Control, Network Operations) if
- Focus on the integration / long term maintenance of
applications and hardware.
- Assist site IT manager with managing assignments and
- Develop, maintain, and share, accurate support
- Support of local network equipment in a Cisco based
- Support of local servers across both physical and virtual
environments in a Windows and Linux based ecosystem.
- Support of FOT deployments and expansion efforts utilizing
IIIOT, iOS, software-defined network, mobile, and Android based
- The successful candidate should have the following
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task; managing multiple tasks
- Work efficiently and effectively with diverse, cross functional
teams under stressful circumstances
- Ability to communicate effectively with business users and IT
professionals including globally distributed teams.
- The ability to adjust communications appropriately for the
audience, work with all levels of management and diverse work
groups, including globally distributed teams. Including the ability
to adjust communications appropriately for the audience across all
levels of management and knowledge.
- Motivated self-starter
- Identifying, investigating & solving problems without
- Manufacturing experience is preferred, but not required.Why
should you choose Epitec?We started Epitec with a single focus,
"Placing People First." Knowing every good endeavor begins with
listening and understanding, we've set about challenging every part
of the employment process. Bringing the proper connections together
for the perfect fit. How is Epitec different?Epitec gets to know
our prospective employees, using these insights to locate the
perfect placement for you. We are there, every step of the way.
Providing a best-in-class compensation package combined with the
opportunity to grow financially and personally through your work.
What is the result?Epitec represents the world's top companies and
works to fill their open jobs with the world's best talent. That's
led to Epitec servicing an impressive list of Fortune 100
companies. We've also won many awards, including one of Crain's
Detroit Business "Cool Places to Work," and 101 Best & Brightest -
local, national and elite winner. And that's just the beginning, as
we work to innovate the way the world thinks about employment.
Keywords: EPITEC, Dearborn , Plant Engineer, Engineering , Dearborn, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!