Company: Beaumont Health
Posted on: May 27, 2023
This position provides clerical secretarial support to department staff and managers. This position reports to the department manager or director.
1. Using computer software (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), types, formats, enters, edits, proofreads a variety of documents as requested.
2. Answers telephones, screens, prioritizes, redirects call or takes messages. Answers questions and handles routine matters on own.
3. Monitors and maintains department supplies/par levels. May be asked to input requisitions in ordering system.
4. Faxes, collects, organizes, files, and electronically scans documents.
5. Maintains files of various nature (i.e.: employee, vendor) and secures confidential information.
6. Participates in department initiatives relative to Process Improvement, Quality Assurance and Customer Service initiatives and may be asked to record data for these initiatives along with data for the annual system-wide and departmental competencies.
7. As required, may be asked to provide project administrative support, type agendas or meeting minutes, or input other department data in databases.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training:
---A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required. Business courses preferred.
B. Work Experience:
---Minimum of one to two years secretarial or clerical experience preferred.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
---May require American Heart Association Heart Saver CPR & AED depending on location.
D. Other Qualifications:
---A working knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
---Effective verbal, interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Ability to prioritize work assignments throughout the day, anticipating work done on behalf of physicians. Keen organization and multi-tasking skills, willingness and flexibility.
* Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Dearborn , Department Secretary, Administration, Clerical , Dearborn, Michigan
here to apply!