Finance Operations Manager (Area Financial Manager)
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Penske Logistics seeks qualified candidates for an Area Finance
Manager role supporting our warehouse and distribution operations.
This role will be based out of one of our regional offices and
aligned to an Area Vice President's area of responsibility.
Candidates residing near Reading, PA; Irving, TX; Duluth, GA;
Beachwood, OH; and Dearborn, MI will be considered.
The Field Area Financial Manager will manage all aspects of
planning, forecasting, analysis and reporting for our field
operations locations at an area level. Leads and directs the
financial teams to support sales and operations. Position will
provide contract knowledge and analytical support for various
processes as well as provide additional support to other functional
The Area Finance Manager will have accountability for all business
planning and forecasting at the area level. Collaborate with Area
and Site Operations Leadership and cross-functional teams to
integrate Finance into all strategies, activities, and
decision-making processes. Interface with the customer on an
Qualified candidates for this role will have 7 years of financial
operations experience, and at least 3 years with direct report
management as this role will oversee other finance associates, and
a degree in finance or accounting. This role reports to finance
leadership, but supports operation leaders up through
About Penske Logistics:
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management.
• Effectively analyze and interpret financial results comparing to
the proforma/budget by understanding the relationship it has to
P&L and the impact from scope/volume changes and
inefficiencies. Provide opportunities and action plans for areas of
concern to AVP.
• Lead and direct the process for identifying, specifying and
developing financial strategies using LEAN principles.
• Effectively plan and forecast business results.
• Provide innovative pricing solutions to include risk assessment
strategy for new and renewal deals.
• Participate on core selling team developing renewal
• Articulate the value proposition to the field and to our
customers by identifying the critical metrics that should be
measured to determine Penske's performance.
• Work with accounting team to ensure accuracy of monthly
• Support corporate initiatives for systems, centralization and
controllership inclusive of field location audits.
• Provide operational financial support and training.
• Responsible for management and development of analysts.
• Communicate and provide feedback to Area VP
• Other projects as assigned
• 7-15 years of finance/accounting experience
• 3-5 years of supervisory experience
• BS/BA in Finance or Accounting required
• Masters degree preferred
• Excellent communication and people skills required
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills required
• Quality program certification (Six Sigma, ISO, LEAN, etc.)
• Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
and PowerPoint required
• Knowledge of company systems and procedures preferred
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Financial Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
Manager, Finance Manager, Finance Manager - Operations, Finance
Management Analyst , Accounting Manager, Regional Financial
Keywords: Penske, Dearborn , Finance Operations Manager (Area Financial Manager), Accounting, Auditing , Dearborn, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!