Posted on: September 20, 2022
Title: Principal MI
Terms of Hire: Full Time.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Under general direction, exercises significant independent
judgement and latitude in evaluating internal controls in core
business areas of the organization designed to ensure efficiency,
safeguarding of assets, and compliance with established policies.
Develops audit objective, conducts risk assessments, and develops
scope and procedures. Plans and performs complex audits with a high
level of independence and autonomy. Documents audit findings.
Investigates irregularities and errors. Analyzes the adequacy of
internal controls. Prepares audit reports to management containing
findings and recommends corrective changes. Represents Internal
Audit on Corporate projects.
Provides advice and guidelines to management personnel relative to
the development of new or modified controls. Consults with company
staff and management on financial and operational control issues.
Helps to promote a strong corporate control environment by working
with employees and management to increase awareness of business
risks and control concepts. Assists Internal Audit management
personnel with risk assessment and audit planning. Confers with and
advises audit department management on audit results and audit
Provides guidance to lower level auditors, including internal and
external audit standards and emerging issues. Helps plan, organize
and review the work of lower-level auditors, including assisting in
the preparation and review of their audit reports for compliance
with internal and external audit standards and any emerging issues.
May also coordinate activities with outside auditors as
- Relevant Master's Degree
- CPA Experience:
- Financial or Insurance background Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with TeamMate audit software
- Experience with Data Mining/ACL/Arbutus
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financial system applications
- Experience auditing risk management and governance
- Experience providing leadership to project teams Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting,
Finance or a related field.
- CPA/CIA/CFE/CISA (Certified Public Accountant/Certified
Internal Auditor/Certified Fraud Examiner/Certified Information
Systems Auditor) or equivalent. Experience:
- 8 years of internal audit experience, Extensive experience in:
- Planning and conducting financial or operational audits with a
high level of independence and autonomy
- Working autonomously on special projects/complex issues
- Researching, analyzing, identifying and resolving complex
- Preparing formal written audit reports for management
- Performing risk assessments and designing audit test plans
Knowledge and Skills:
- PC software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
,Visio, ACL, MS Project)
- Data analysis, compilation and interpretation of data using
software applications (e.g. ACL, Excel, etc.)
- Internal Audit techniques and control concepts
- Consistent Demonstrated Ability to:
- Effectively communicate complex technical concepts, orally and
- Produce reports with high level of accuracy and
- Manage multiple complex projects
- Lead and facilitate change in a team. Facilitate training to
other Auditors as needed.
- Follow through with minimum direction and maintain timetables
for the completion of assigned audits and projects. Consistent
effective and efficient completion of audits, producing valued
results within budgeted timeframes.
- Develop professional business relationships with members of
management and staff at all levels
- Conduct effective meetings with higher-level and executive
- Perform end-to-end risked-based audit work minimizing or
eliminating time spent on low risk areas or issues. You Will Enjoy:
- An opportunity to be a part of a great culture, an awesome
team, a challenging work environment, and some fun along the
- Apply today to learn more and be part of our Growth story. All
applications will be kept strictly confidential and once
shortlisted, our team will be in touch with you for further
Keywords: CEDENT, Dearborn , Principal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Dearborn, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!